[tor-project] Community Team report for September 2019
gus at torproject.org
Tue Oct 8 17:15:30 UTC 2019
Here's Community Team report for September 2019.
In the first week of September, Community Team hosted DoscHackathon, our first
During the week, we had 70 registrations, 8 contributors, and over 70 pull
requests to Support Portal, Tor Browser Manual, Tor Project main website and
other web repositories.
It was a lot of work, and we still have some open issues tagged as
DocsHackathon. The participants received different Tor prizes according to
Many thanks to all who collaborated in some way: reviewing the pull requests,
opening new issues, writing new content, fixing css, doing screenshots and many
other things! <3
We also worked in the content migration from old FAQ to Support Portal -
These are the new sections on Support Portal:
- About Tor: <https://support.torproject.org/about/>
- Get in touch: <https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/>
- Debian repository instructions: <https://support.torproject.org/apt/>
And more content migrated to:
- Relay operators: <https://support.torproject.org/operators/>
- Tor Browser: <https://support.torproject.org/tbb/>
Since July, Community Team has been working on Sponsor9 phase 3, which consist
of our partners from the Global South to organize Tor trainings with the
mentorship and online help from Community and UX teams. In September, we
reached out more than 15 partners from different countries inviting them to join
us this new phase.
As this partnership process is new to the Community team, we're slowly
bringing the partners on board.
Frontdesk: since BridgeDB fixed ticket #28533
<https://bugs.torproject.org/28533>, Frontdesk queue slowed down and we don't
receive more blank bogus email.
Outreachy: We submmitted a proposal "Help Tor Project support our users" to
Applicants will make contributions from October 1 to November 5. And the intern
will work with us from December 2019 to March 2020.
- At the beginning of this month, we reached out some non-profits to spread and
share bridges campaign:
- Pili did a talk during APIdays.io (Barcelona):
- Kushal gave a workshop on digital security + Tor workshop in Goa
- nvjacobo and marco19_ did a presentation about Tor in Cumbre de Contribuidores de
Open Source Software, Guadalajara, MX <https://ccoss.org/>
- Cybelle had a talk during ABCDev, in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- In September, Narrira and other volunteers organized a Tor training with
human rights defenders in Rio de Janeiro.
- Pili, Brabo and others have started to organize FOSDEM activities:
- Global South IRC meeting happened last September 27th -
Next Global South meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Oct 30, 1600 UTC, #tor-south
- We published a blog post about the digital security training and UX feedback
cycle that the Community and UX teams have been working over the last two
- Many members of our community joined the Global Climate Strike. And as part
of this, we also added Global Climate strike bannerto the main website:
* Community Team meeting notes 02 Sep 2019 - https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2019-September/000308.html
* Community Team meeting notes 09 Sep 2019 - https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2019-September/000311.html
* Community Team Meeting notes 16 Sep 2019 - https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2019-September/000316.html
* Community Team meeting notes 23 Sep 2019 - https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2019-September/000318.html
* Community Team meeting notes 30 Sep 2019 - https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2019-September/000320.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tor-project