[global-south] Notes from Global South meeting, Sept 27

Cybelle cy63113 at riseup.net
Mon Sep 30 14:31:00 UTC 2019

Hi Tor friends!

Friday, Sept 27, we held our monthly Global South Meeting. Here are some
notes:

-  nvjacobo and marco19_ did presentations on Tor in Cumbre de
Contribuidores de Open Source Software, Guadalajara, MX https://ccoss.org/

-  marco19_ is finishing some Spanish docs about the different tools
around Tor

-  marco19_ will run an activity at IPN, MX

-  Antonela did a short presentation during the MediaParty19, Argentina,
early this month.

-  Tierra Comun Coop is doing some infographic (almost done for review)
in Spanish, and some trainings on Tor with Journalists and HRDs in
Mexico funded by OTF.  To get retro on the tools we are using a self
hosted limesurvey instance, So we'll share this and hope we can talk
more with UX team.
https://www.opentech.fund/results/supported-projects/strengthening-digital-security-journalists-and-hrds-mexico/

-  Cybelle had a talk last week at ABCDev, in Sao Paulo, Brazil

-  Cybelle will run a talk at Mozfest next month.  Guardian Project and
some Tor folks will attend the event too.

-  gwolf will give a webinar to ISOC.mx (Internet Society Mexican
chapter) about priv+anon, of course mentioning Tor, on Oct 10, 19:00
Mexican time

-  caioau reached out to a Brazilian provider to ask them if they allow
to create a exit relay with them, got a big discount to create a new VPS
, so created a bridge, its a very fast provider

*Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Oct 30, 16UTC, #tor-south*

Not a contributor yet? No problems! You always can reach us up by this
mailing-list - don't worry if English is not your first language, some
of us speak Spanish and Portuguese too - or IRC channel #tor-south.

If you have questions about what time the meeting will be in your
region, check the timezone convertor [1]
Don't know how or forgot how to use IRC? Please read IRC for complete
beginners[2] and/or IRC Help[3].

[1] https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/onboarding/IRC
[3] https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/#irc-help
<https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/#irc-help>
Cheers,

Cybelle
DC8F 1F4C 9167 049F 7AA1 0BD6 2FB3 B0C9 F369 34C5
https://keybase.io/cy63113
@cyb3113