[community] Community Team meeting notes - 23 Sept 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Sep 25 19:56:15 UTC 2019

Hi, here are our meeting notes:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-09-23-16.00.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday October 01 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-09-23

Presents:
    * Gus
    * Cybelle
    * Pili
    * clash
    * emmapeel
    * brabo
    * communia

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Wrapping up #docshackathon
        - Documentation: reviewing with Nah, we imported some missing
          FAQ resources to the Support Portal
            - Get in touch section -
              https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/
            - About Tor: https://support.torproject.org/about/
            - More Tor Browser questions:
                https://support.torproject.org/tbb/tbb-47/
                https://support.torproject.org/tbb/tbb-45/
                https://support.torproject.org/tbb/tbb-43/
                https://support.torproject.org/tbb/tbb-44/
            - Ticket about old FAQ and Support portal:
              https://dip.torproject.org/web/support/issues/43
        - Published blog post about Tor Trainings:
          https://blog.torproject.org/reaching-people-where-they-are
        - Calling next Global South IRC meeting - 27 SEP 2019, 1600 UTC
        - Community Portal:
            - Trying Training slides translation workflow:
              https://gitweb.torproject.org/community/training.git/
            - Updated training slides content and screenshots with Tor
              Browser 8.5.5 updates
        - Answering S9 partnerships emails
        - More funding work this week
        - Doing RT support this week
    Next week:
        - Sponsor9 work
    Help with:
        - Global South IRC meeting facilitation

Cybelle
    This week:
    - Global South Meeting
    - Inviting people to the meeting
    - Updating l10n wiki

    Next week
    - Updating l10n wiki

    Help with:
    - Something you may need help with

Pili:
    This week:
        - DRL Community proposal was submitted last week
        - Outreachy intern for community team
        - Trying to coordinate Tor Project participation (if any) on
          Hacktoberfest
        - Organising onboarding for tor internal people to understand
          workflows and tools to update our websites
    Next week:
        - October Roadmapping
        - Running website onboarding meeting
        - Community Team ticket triage
    Help with:
         - Volunteers to submit a Tor main track talk at FOSDEM

clash:
    This week:
        - Made a couple of PRs @ community portal
    Next week:
        - Make more significant PRs.
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

kat5:
    This week:
        - tshirts
    Next week:
        - tshirts

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - Merges to documentation.
        - internal translation docs
        - refining setup for the dip instance and review workflow with
          stephw
        - looked on slides l10n
        - lektor-i18n-plugin tickets:
          https://github.com/numericube/lektor-i18n-plugin/pull/17
        - thinking how to improve communication between translators with
          cybelle
    Next week:
        - translators international day blogpost
        - more reviews for community portal with stephw
        - start translators tshirt appretiation round
        - snowflake - tbb - bridges i18n support

== Discussion ==

- FOSDEM participation
  - Mailing list thread:
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2019-September/002484.html
  - Fill this wiki page:
    https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2020Brussels

- Email to tor-lang-es mailing list (
  https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-lang-es ).
  Do we want to keep it? We had an email to the list last week and no-one,
  other than me (pili) responded.

 - This mailing list was created without reaching a consensus on its
   use. For ES support and community building, we can and should have it
   on global-south mailing list or tor-south irc channel.