[community] Community Team meeting notes - 30 Sep 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Sep 30 17:07:00 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our

Hi, here are our meeting notes:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-09-30-16.00.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday October 07 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-09-30

Presents:
    * Gus
    * Cybelle
    * tgeek
    * brabo
    * emmapeel
    * pili
    * clash
    * antonela

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to community team work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Talked with Jon last week so we can send DocsHackathon prizes :)
        - Sponsor9 work
        - Outreachy: using tag "documentation" on dip, so participants can submit pull requests:
          https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/#tor-project
        - RT frontdesk/support
        - www team meeting (thursday)
        - Submitted Freedom not fear travel allowance
    Next week:
        - Community Team monthly report
        - What resources do we need to update to the next Tor Browser release (in October)
    Help with:
        - Reviewing and cherry picking Steph content review in Community Portal (in dip)

tgeek:
    This week:
        - Finishing Tor preso for HCPP2019 conference
        - Helping with Stack Exchange Q&A
    Next week:
        - Giving preso

emmapeel:
    Last week:
        - translations maintenance
        - post for translators day
        - pushing translators feedback upstream
    This week:
        - conflict mediation in transifex between some translators
        - translators tshirt round
        - onionshare updates
        - answer blogpost comments

brabo:
    This week:
        - waiting for FOSDEM di&p devroom submission reply
    Next week:
        - likely cfp for that.

pili:
    Last week:
        - Outreachy community team proposal
        - wrapping up docshackathon
        - Fosdem organisation
    This week:
        - Training other website owners to make updates
        - Fosdem organisation
        - developer portal sitemap
        - October roadmapping
        - Finalising plans for media.tpo
        - start planning for moz fest workshop
    Help with:
         - Need to get this fixed for Browser team: #31886 and #30054

clash:
    This week:
        - some PRs.
    Next week:
        - will fix some more issues!

== Discussion ==

Fosdem - updates?

- Activities
 - Shared booth with other Tor friends: Tails, GP.
 - Main talk (Pili) - cfp submit before 11/10
 - Tor relay meetup (Gus/Pili) - we need a facilitator - BoF devroom, they are always available, there should be even more this year. Just book it on paper (infodesk H) any available slots, to be done directly at the event itself

Please, if you're going to FOSDEM, update the wiki page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2020Brussels

Outreachy
 - Contribution period opens Tuesday Oct 1.
Participants will join us on IRC and they need to fix tickets on dip.tpo (manual, support, community) tagged with "Documentation".

Events:
 - Mozfest activities
 - hacktoberfest: we're not participating, gus will move #docshackathon tag to documentation.