[tor-project] Network team meeting notes, 8 Jan 2019

juga juga at riseup.net
Wed Jan 9 10:30:00 UTC 2019

Nick Mathewson:
> Hi!  You can find our meeting logs here.
>
> http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-01-08-22.58.html
>
> Below are the contents of the meeting pad
>

> = Network team meeting pad! =
>
> This week's team meeting is at Tuesday at 2300 UTC on #tor-meeting on OFTC.
>
> Welcome to our meeting!
> First meeting each month: Tuesday at 2300 UTC
> Other meetings each month: Mondays at 1800 UTC
> On #tor-meeting on OFTC.
>
> January schedule:
>     * No meeting on 31 Dec or 1 Jan
>     * Following meeting on 8 Jan 2019, 2300 UTC.
>     * Meeting on 14 Jan, 1800 UTC
>     * Meeting on 21 Jan, 1800 UTC
>     * No meeting 28 Jan; (some of) the team will be at a face-to-face meeting.
>
> (This channel is logged while meetings are in progress.)
> (See https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2017-September/001459.html
> for background.)
>
> Want to participate?  Awesome!  Here's what to do:
>     1. If you have updates, enter them below, under your name.
>     2. If you see anything you want to talk about in your updates, put
> them in boldface!
>     3. Show up to the IRC meeting and say hi!
>
> After each week's meetings, the contents of this pad will be sent to
> tor-project @ lists.torproject.org.  After that is done, the pad can
> be used for the next week.
>
> == Previous notes ==
> (Search the list archive for older notes.)
> 3 Dec: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-December/002117.html
> 10 Dec: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-December/002120.html
> 17 Dec: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-December/002127.html
>
> == Stuff to do every week =
>
> * Let's check and update the roadmap.  What's done, and what's coming
> up? <-- Check who is doing what on s19 and s31 on January.
>
> url to roadmap:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ufrun1khEo5Cwd6OwngERn829wU3W3eskdrriaYfUBQ/edit#gid=856122210yy
>
> * Check reviewer assignments at
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ufrun1khEo5Cwd6OwngERn829wU3W3eskdrriaYfUBQ/edit#gid=95993070
>
> Here are the outstanding reviews, oldest first:
>   https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=Core+Tor%2FTor&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=changetime&col=reviewer&col=keywords&order=changetime
>
> Including sbws:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=Core+Tor%2FTor&or&status=needs_review&component=Core+Tor%2Fsbws&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=changetime&col=reviewer&col=keywords&order=changetime
>
> * Also, let's check for things we need update on our spreadsheet!  Are
> there important documents we should link to?  Things we should
> archive?
>
> * Check rotations at
> [...]

I also wrote my status report in the old pad by mistake. Now copied to
the 2019 pad:

juga (offline):

- Week 17/10 (plan)
    - continue working on why sbws stalls and all the related subtasks
(#28663)
- Week 17/10 (actual)
    - continued working on why sbws stalls and all the related subtasks
(#28663)
    - Stop raising exception when there's not a descriptor for a relay
being measured (#28870)
    - Stop prioritizing relays that tend to fail (#28868)
    - Stop merging multiple Tor options with the same name (#28738)
    - Disable ConnectionPadding option in Tor configuration (#28692)
    - Accept Tor configuration options that don't have an argument (#28715)
    - Change logging options and document them better (#28761)
    - Include deb.torproject.org key so that travis doesn't timeout
fetching it (#28922)
    - Stop running twice destination usability tests (#28897)
- Week 31/12 (actual)
    - Detect when sbws stalls and log backtrace (#28932)
    - Replace sbws tests/integration/net.tar with an unpacked version
(#28590)
    - Started with Run one sbws main loop using the test network as part
of integration tests (#28933)
    - Started with KeyboardInterrupt will cause a callback error and
does not stop the threads cleanly (#28869)
- Week 07/01 (plan)
    Depending on reviews:
    - Continue with #28933 #28869 or leave it for next milestone
    - Decide whether it is needed that AsyncResults have timeout (#28864)
    - Decide whether it is needed to timeout putting results in the
queue (#28866)
    - Maybe continue to work out how sbws can report excluded relays
(#28563)
- Help with:
    - sbws tickets needing review:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report/72