[tor-reports] George's status report: August 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Sep 2 11:28:25 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals of August 2013

- We finally got #5040 and #4773 merged! I then sent an email to
  tor-relays and asked people to upgrade to latest git master:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-August/002477.html

- Started working on #9349. I have the client-side almost done, and
  I'm now coding the server-side.

- Wrote a "How to deploy your Pluggable Transports" tor-dev post:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005231.html

- Found an out-of-bounds-read bug in Tor that got promptly fixed.

- Wrote two HS-related proposals:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005279.html
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005259.html

  I also wrote a tor-dev post asking how much HS-related stuff we
  should be changing without knowing what's the end goal:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005344.html

# Top 3 goals for September 2013

- Get closer to finishing #9349.

- Refine the HS proposals.

- Set up a Windows VM so that I can build bundles myself.