[tor-dev] Draft of proposal "Migrate HS identity keys to Ed25519"

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri Aug 16 14:29:31 UTC 2013

Greetz,

I'm posting the draft of a proposal that specifies how to upgrade the
identity keys of HSes (currently RSA-1024) to use Ed25519.

This proposal is supposed to go along with a proposal that specifies
how to hide HS descriptors from HSDirs. I'm going to post that second
proposal in a few minutes.

This proposal is incredibly drafty in the sense that I might have
forgotten to specify things that need to be specified. On the other
hand, "release early; release often" they say, so here it goes.

Inlining: