[tor-reports] Sherief's September 2013 status report

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 07:17:14 UTC 2013

What I did in September:
- Resolved 144 help desk tickets.
- Did some minor Arabic translations.
- Started working on #5991 [0] and #6922 [1] I chose the software, content
and made the slides [0] that will be used in the video and currently
writing the script (this should be done by October).
- Started helping in tor-qa.
- Configured a bridge (obfs2/3) using Tor 0.2.5.0-alpha-dev and the latest
obfsproxy to enable ExtORPort [2] and it's now reporting stats!
- Reported #9838 [3]
- Rewrote the verification section in the short-user-manual (also, added
pictures) #9843 [4]
- Matt Pagan and I started to see if it's possible to create a browser
extension that verifies files using OpenPGP.js
(See:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-September/005491.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-September/005492.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/list@openpgpjs.org/msg00566.html).

Top help desk questions:
- Network overload.
- Orbot download (Iranian users).
- Reaction to the Users Get Routed paper [5]
- Verification questions.
- Chinese users cannot connect because bridges keep getting blocked after a
while.

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5991
[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6922
[2]