[tor-dev] Draft patchset for PT2.0 support (ticket #21816)

Robin Tarsiger rtt at dasyatidae.com
Thu Aug 24 15:24:02 UTC 2017

teor wrote:
> There are several issues in the PT 2.0 draft 2 specification.
>
> Some of them are minor typos or inconsistencies. Others are major
> design issues that we might want to leave until a later spec>
> But then more issues were raised in this thread:
>
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-July/012374.html

Is that the last message in the thread? I think I saw it a month ago,
but I've reread what I saw of it with comments from you, David Fifield,
and Yawning Angel. From what I can tell, there isn't a major impact on
the specific changes I've made; if deeper changes need to happen to
the PT2.0 spec, then they may require additional changes in Tor, but
those seem separable code-wise. The main thing I was given to implement
was the JSON Parameter Block handling in the SOCKS flow.

> And I wasn't able to get response from Brandon on them.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but I'll make a note to
ask him about the state of this today. Thanks for pointing it out.

-RTT