[tor-dev] Pluggable Transports 2.0 Specification, Draft 2

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 11:54:06 UTC 2017

Hi Brandon,

There's a bunch of feedback in this thread.

Some of it involves relatively minor spec updates or clarifications.
Other parts involve solving complex issues, and might belong in
another spec (or a future version of the PT spec).

Can you let us know which feedback will make it into PT 2.0?

Thanks

Tim

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 23:00, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21 Jun 2017, at 16:20, Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:
>>
>> The "2.0" spec still doesn't have any provisions for using AF_LOCAL
>> instead of the loopback interface, go figure.  It's not as if I bring
>> it up every time this topic comes up or anything right?
>
> Th exact types of addr and port are not specified, so application
> could pass:
> unix:/var/run/tor/obfsocket
> And still remain within the spec.
>
> But to make this usage clear, I suggest we change:
> <addr:port>
> To:
> <addr>[:<port>]
> And define addr as either an IPv4, IPv6, hostname, file path, or some
> other address understood by the application / proxy.
>
> If we don't want to do that, please at least change it to:
> <addr>:<port>

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n