[tor-dev] Draft patchset for PT2.0 support (ticket #21816)

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 00:59:33 UTC 2017

> On 21 Aug 2017, at 09:05, Nick Mathewson <nickm at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Robin Tarsiger <rtt at dasyatidae.com> wrote:
>> Good day, tor-dev;
>>
>> As some of you know, I've been working on a patchset for Tor to allow
>> it to participate in Pluggable Transports 2.0 configuration, primarily
>> the new JSON Parameter Block SOCKS method (at least that's what I've
>> been calling it in the absence of a more official name), almost but
>> not quite as described in section 3.3.4 of PT2 draft 2 [1]---i.e.,
>> basically #21816 [2].
>>
>> [1] https://www.pluggabletransports.info/assets/PTSpecV2Draft2.pdf
>> [2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21816

There are several issues in the PT 2.0 draft 2 specification.

Some of them are minor typos or inconsistencies. Others are major
design issues that we might want to leave until a later spec.

The last response from Brandon on this was:

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 08:31, Brandon Wiley <brandon at blanu.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix this in the next draft.

But then more issues were raised in this thread:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-July/012374.html

And I wasn't able to get response from Brandon on them.

Please read the thread, so you are aware of the issues, even if the
spec hasn't been updated. (And even if we decide not to fix them right
now.)

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n