[Tor www-team] Just a download site

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Mon Mar 31 14:50:19 UTC 2014

William Papper:
> The download site is nearly finished. The most current version can be
> accessed here: http://wpapper.github.io/tor-download-web/

Couple comments from my side:

 * It says “Easily Download”. I believe “Easily” should be removed.
   Either it's easy and people don't care that it is, or it's not
   and it seems we are trying to sell it as such.
 * In the dropdown menus, there is a label as a first entry.
   I think it's confusing because of the preselection.
   What does it mean to download the version “Architecture”?
 * I believe the language dropdown is self-explaining, but
   the other two might not be. I believe icons to help users
   when talking about operating systems, because they can see
   the same image on the computer itself (stickers or engraved logo).
 * We don't offer 64-bit builds for Windows and Mac OS X, so the current
   division between OS and architecture is problematic: it is only valid
   for Linux.

I won't get into the problem of verifying signatures. It is really
important and most users will fail while trying… But maybe it should
still not appear in a footer.

Thanks a lot for your work!

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>