[ux] Can we commit to a "continuous improvement process" for torproject.org?

Arthur D. Edelstein arthuredelstein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 19:44:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:37 AM, isabela <isabela at torproject.org> wrote:

> Your email came in really good time :) That is a lot going but hopefully
> with resuming meetings next week and organizing the ux team roadmap,
> more will be shared with the rest of the community.

Awesome. Thanks, Isabela! :)

> Everything you wrote bellow makes sense. We actually started (last week)
> on designing and working at the support.torproject.org portal because:
> 1. the community team really wanted to put their content out there and
> start having it translated; 2. since their content is ready we decided
> to come together and just do it as part of the redesign effort etc.

Nice! I'm very excited by the support portal.

> But then yesterday we got some news and it actually looks like the fund
> will come in December!

That's great news!

> Meanwhile let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks. I think my main question about going forward is: When should I
start editing content or making other fixes? (Specifically I would
like to work on fixing up the download page and getting it localized.)
I'm hoping the answer is "now" or "soon", which is why I'm selfishly
advocating a continuous improvement approach. :)

Secondarily, I'm wondering about if there are any plans to port from
wml to a more modern site backend. One option might be to use a static
site generator like Jekyll or Hugo. Another option might be to use a
dynamic CMS like Drupal (which blog.torproject.org already uses).
There are tradeoffs of course, but I lean somewhat toward the dynamic
CMS option because it allows non-programmers to contribute content
without assistance.