[tor-reports] February 2017 report for hiro

Silvia [Hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Tue Feb 14 08:08:30 UTC 2017

Hiro Montly Report

Hello Tor, hello world!

Below you'll find a summary of my first three months in Tor, what I have
done and what I am up to. I will try to make this report more regular so
that you are all informed on what I am working on. You can send me
feedback and suggestions. I also appreciate if you think is there
something I could help you with.

Services related tasks

Released first version of lightsaber, a trac-cli utility:
    The idea of lightsaber is to allow trac users to browse, create and
reply to tickets from the command line. This first version is bare
minimal in features provided.
    - https://github.com/hiromipaw/lightsaber

Picked up website maintenance tasks.

Updated documentation on help/tsa
    - https://help.torproject.org/tsa/

Schleuder installation for secure mailing lists.
    Schleuder is a gpg-enabled mailing list manager allowing subscribers
to communicate encrypted (and pseudonymously) among themselves, receive
emails from non-subscribers and send emails to non-subscribers via the list.
    [ https://0xacab.org/schleuder/schleuder ]
    This is still work in progress as more configuration and testing is
currently needed before we can easily use Schleuder.

Metrics team tasks

Prepared metrics-lib to be tested on jenkins.tpo.
Updated documentation and license information for Collector,
metrics-lib, metrics web, Onionoo.
Deployed onionperf on otf-clound, comparing results with torperf,
importing results into metrics-web. Updated onionperf documentation.
Created a dockerized onionperf repo for quick testing and deployment.
    - https://199.119.112.144/ (cert is self signed atm)
    - https://github.com/hiromipaw/onionperf-docker
    -
https://github.com/hiromipaw/onionperf-notebook/blob/master/OnionPerf.ipynb