[tor-reports] SponsorR January 2017 report

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri Feb 10 12:13:42 UTC 2017

Hello,

here is the January 2017 report for SponsorR:

- Our relay-side branch implementing sending and handling INTRODUCE1 cells was
  merged upstream (#20029)!

- We worked more on the service-side prop224 implementation:

- On the spec side, we finalized the filesystem directory structure of next
  generation hidden services:
     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-January/011841.html

  We also standarized the prop224 onion address encoding:
     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-January/011816.html

- During investigation of bug #21297, we found and fixed multiple issues with
  introduction point handling of hidden services (#21302).

- Various bug fixes to our brand new guard algorithm were merged upstream (