[tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - November 2016

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Tue Dec 13 17:39:56 UTC 2016

Hi all! Small Nyx/Stem changes aside highlights for this month are
surprisingly non-coding focused...

Stem 1.5 Release

Damn long overdue. This is a big release encompassing seventeen
months of work. Check it out!

  http://blog.atagar.com/stem-release-1-5/

Highlights include vastly improved python 3.x performance, manual
information, and fallback directory data. But this is just the tip
of the iceberg...

  https://stem.torproject.org/change_log.html#version-1-5

Tor Internal Bylaws

Tried my best to ratify Alison's community membership doc but seems
that's not to be. Pity. With our internal community I'm not optimistic
we'll ever be able to agree on a large overarching policy like it. As
such trying my hand at more narrowly focused bylaws instead.

Presently working on our voting procedure. Assuming we can agree on that
I'll follow it up with a proposal to again try to fix tor-internal at .
Fingers crossed it goes better than last time!