[tor-reports] Community Team report for November 2016

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Mon Dec 12 15:50:00 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Here's a brief report on the Community Team's activities in November 2016:

0 Planning and development for support.torproject.org
0.1 Phoul began work on a development diagram for the site
0.2 we continue to answer support questions through the stopgap email
address. this is also helping us to create the support FAQ.
0.3 Continued work on the Tor glossary, FAQ items, and template answers
for the support portal.
1 November saw a huge surge in outreach and training requests to both
the community team and Library Freedom Project. Working to meet this
need and create infrastructure to support trainers across the globe.
2 Community team members are working with Jon Selon to fulfill the
backlog of tshirt requests from relay operators.
3 Lots of efforts to support outreach in the Global South
3.1 Seeking funding to support travel needs of GS trainers
3.2 community team members in Latin America are working on a campaign to
run relays in universities
4 In December and January we will pick back back up on creating
community documents.
5. We published the Tor Browser User Manual
6. Lots of translation activity on Transifex
6.1 Phoul made progress answering translator requests
6.2 Multiple new resources were added to the hub
7 Added new materials to the tor-teachers wiki