[tor-reports] George's status report: December 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Jan 9 15:54:55 UTC 2014

# Top goals of December 2013

- The hidden services fun continued. We did an IRC meeting and
  informed various people on the issues of rend-spec-ng. The scaling
  issue and #8244 are the last big problems that need to be tackled
  before we have a proposal that can be official reviewed.

  I also talked about HSes with a few people in CCC. People seem
  interested in the new developments.

- We did an initial code review on the updated FTE codebase
  (#10362). Kevin quickly addressed our comments and his changes look
  good! We should do another code review, do some correctness testing
  and try to get it deployed.

  On that note, should we do anything else before we deploy new PTs?
  Should I post a message to tor-dev announcing that FTE will be added
  to the bundles?  Should we do anything else?

- Discussed pluggable transports with many people during CCC. Some
  were interested in the PT ecosystem, others on how to integrate PTs
  to their applications, and others wanted to write their own
  PT. Maybe something useful will come out of this.

# Top goals for January 2014

- Do more Hidden Services stuff. Work with Nick to split work into
  deliverables, etc. Discuss #8244 and scaling with Nick and other
  researchers in RWC 2014.

- Work with Kevin to prepare FTE for deployment.

- Do more PT work. Look at bananaphone again, speak with Sathya about
  his HTTP transport, look into goagent, etc.

- Think of the PTTBB UI.