[tor-reports] boklm's report for December 2013

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Jan 6 23:43:37 UTC 2014

The main things I did in December:

- continued to review current status of automation in tor project, and
  needs:
    https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/automation/tor-automation-review.html

- discussed some of these things on tor-dev mailing list

- wrote some proposals for things to do in automation in coming months:
    https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/automation/tor-automation-proposals.html

- made a prototype for a possible refactoring of TBB build proccess
  with an other tool than gitian:
    https://github.com/boklm/burps-tor
  It is described on this page with some details about how it works,
  and why I think it would be good:
    https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/automation/tor-automation-proposals.html#build-tool

- added a '--rebase-onto=<commit>' option to the script to convert our
  tor-browser git repository to a mercurial queue to be pushed to
  Mozilla Try. This can allow us to also test the tor-browser patches
  rebased onto the developement version of FireFox ESR. This script
  should be ready to be used to push tor-browser to mozilla try
  automatically, but I still need to see with Mike on which server to
  deploy it (that was delayed because of TBB 3.5 release at the same
  time, and then I forgot to ping again to finish this).