[tor-relays] Configuring key expiration warning messages?

telekobold torproject-ml at telekobold.de
Fri May 19 11:55:10 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm using OfflineMasterKey 1 for my Tor bridge, hosting and renewing the
long-term identity key on a Tails USB stick.

I observed that Tor starts printing warning messages to
/var/log/tor/notices.log 24 hours before the intermediate key expires.
My question is if there is a flag that could be set in the torrc file to
start printing these warning message more than 24 hours before the
expiration time, possibly even with outputting the exact expiration
time? If there isn't such an option, does anyone happen to have a script
ready for this (before I start trying to implement something like this
myself)?

Kind regards
telekobold