[tor-relays] PSA: Tor 0.4.5 reaches end of life (EOL) on 2023-02-15

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Wed May 17 11:49:50 UTC 2023

Georg Koppen:
> Hello!
>
> In case it affects you as you are still running your relay or bridge on
> Tor 0.4.5.x: the 0.4.5 series is going EOL on *2023-02-15* (roughly in 3
> weeks from now).
>
> That's currently still 760 relays, which means roughly 7% of the
> advertised bandwidth of the network

Alright, it's time now to reject the remaining relays on 0.4.5 at least
(bridges, due to their scarcity, are allowed a bit longer on 0.4.5). We
cut the number down to 344 relays affected, which translates to roughly
2% of the advertised bandwidth of the network. That's still sad but in
line with results we had in past EOL rejection rounds.

So, if you see a sharp drop of relays in the network in the next couple
of hours then it's likely due to that mass-rejection.

The fingerprints affected are linked to, as usual, from our EOL
rejection wiki page.[1]

Thanks,
Georg

[1]