[tor-relays] Help Turkmens to bypass Internet censorship: run an obfs4 bridge!

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 21:06:54 UTC 2023

On Monday, July 31, 2023, 2:11:52 PM MDT, lists at for-privacy.net <lists at for-privacy.net> wrote:

 > On Montag, 31. Juli 2023 00:55:15 CEST Gary C. New via tor-relays wrote:

> > On Sunday, July 30, 2023, 3:30:55 PM MDT, lists at for-privacy.net <lists at for-
privacy.net> wrote:
> > > I don't know if I should ignore that or better configure it that >way:
> > > ORPort 127.0.0.1:8443 NoListen
> > > ORPort 8443 NoAdvertise
> > > ORPort [::1]:8443 NoListen
> > > ORPort 8443 NoAdvertise
> >
> > Other way around:
> > ORPort 8443 NoListen
> > ORPort 127.0.0.1:8443 NoAdvertise
>
> Uh thanks, Gus replied me PM 'I can just ignore the logs' and bridge is
> running with:>
> ORPort 127.0.0.1:8443>
> AssumeReachable 1
>
> But I want to test the new obfsbridges future 'only expose obfsports and not
> ORPort' next days with different configs. You saved me from a stupid pitfall ;-)

When I configured my first OBFS4 bridge, I was also interested in only exposing the OBFS4 port. However, I was told that the ORPort must be accessable for the OBFS4 bridge to work.
I ended up mirroring many OBFS4 ports on the same IPv4 Address as the ORPort to obscure the ORPort among the many OBFS4 ports.
Please let me know, if you are able to get the OBFS4 bridge working without exposing the ORPort.
Respectfully,

Gary