[tor-relays] Police request regarding relay

tor-operator at urdn.com.ua tor-operator at urdn.com.ua
Wed Apr 12 16:28:09 UTC 2023

Finn <finn at grimpe-holding.de> wrote:

> The weird thing is, that the relay in question is only a relay and
> not an exit node since its creation (185.241.208.179)
> (https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/w/relay/B67C7039B04487854129A66B16F5EE3CFFCBB491.html)
> - anyone has an idea how this happens? Best regards

We receive this mostly from France and Germany. We figured out that
they downloaded the Tor Browser then looked at the Tor Circuit widget
and just collected the addresses they could see there.

This is the same as when Police, Attention Seekers, Cyber White
Knights, Censors and other scoundrels contact every ISP they see in a
traceroute.