[tor-relays] Tor automatic restart

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 15:51:52 UTC 2021

Keifer,
When you say, "periodically go down once a month" do you mean the Tor service dies, becomes defunct, circuits bleed off, Internet connectivity issues, power goes out, etc? Anything in the torlog that might provide a clue? From your metrics, you can definitely tell your relay goes down once or twice a month
I don't know of a way to monitor and restart the Tor service via the torrc file. However, if you knew the root cause, it would help to monitor, report, and/or restore the Tor service, externally.
I have battery backups, power generator, and loadbalance to multiple relay nodes within my portion of the Tor network. I would like to add redundant ISP's and routers to my topology, as well.
Respectfully,

Gary—This Message Originated by the Sun.iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)+ 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks= iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)