[tor-relays] Tor automatic restart

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sun Oct 10 11:55:26 UTC 2021

On Sunday, October 10, 2021 12:40:22 AM CEST Keifer Bly wrote:

> So my relay at
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/79E3B585803DE805CCBC00C1EF
> 36B1E74372861D
>

> Seems to periodically go down once a month or so. I am wondering, is there a
> way configure tor (via the torrc file) to restart automatically once a
> month? Thank you.

You can do this with a simple cron job. But it makes more sense to research
why the Tor daemon aborts. You may have activated bandwidth accounting. Or
limit at the provider is used up if you don't have unlimited services.

By the way, You have an unsupported EOL Tor version:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-October/019862.html

And your torrc is misconfigured. Why did you set exit policies that are also
wrong? You must at least accept ports 80, 443 and 53 to be an exit. And
generally first enter an exit address. Preferably IP and IPv6. ;-)
https://docs.ovh.com/us/en/vps/configuring-ipv6/

The ports TCP 6660-6667 (IRC) may allow DDOS attacks against you.
I'm not sure if that could be exploited in your constellation.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!