[tor-relays] Tor Server - DDOS or High Load

Austin Bentley ab6d9 at mst.edu
Wed Dec 3 21:09:43 UTC 2014

Also, when a Tor relay goes offline, the traffic is redistributed across
the Tor network. It is unlikely you would receive the high speed traffic of
a node just because it went offline, unless a few HIGHLY unlikely variables
occur.

Also, all of the clients will be completely disconnected which were using
the Tor server; it is impossible to "re-patch" the connections, given the
anonymous nature of Tor.