[tor-relays] Amazon abuse report

Nelson nelson at net2wireless.net
Tue Nov 5 04:45:49 UTC 2013

>From all that I have read in these lists not all exit nodes are
configured exactly the same, so some level of traffic control is being
rightly exercised by the operator(s). For any given reason be it moral,
ethical or legal many well known ports are being blocked, as was
previously discussed, as an example by setting up a "white-listing"
config rather than blacklisting, and these white-listed ports exclude
known ports used by Torrent sites. The choice to configure the exit node
should be left to the operator based on their own legitimate preference
and criteria.

The argument to "what if" is indeed relative to the level of control and
access to legitimate torrents such as "Tails", and therefore any
argument against freedom of access to legitimate content defeats the
purpose of Tor. This is not really an issue. I'll ask a stupid question:
"what comes first, the chicken or the egg?" If you have access to Tor
client in the first place and want to download Tails, where's the problem?

..and if you don't have Tor client installed in the first place, where
do you get it, so "they" (mel gibson quote) don't know.