[tor-relays] Amazon abuse report

Kevin C. Krinke kevin at krinke.ca
Tue Nov 5 01:23:06 UTC 2013

> On Nov 4, 2013, at 7:13 PM, Nelson <nelson at net2wireless.net> wrote:
>
> I do believe there is a benefit to Torrents as many of us can attest to,
> ex: fast downloads of different Linux distros; but if your use of
> Torrents is in fact legit then why use Tor for downloading your legal
> content in the first place? This doesn't pass the smell test.

What about someone in a highly censored locale that wants to download a copy of Tails or TBB without "them" knowing?

> +1 for restricting bandwidth

For the record, my exit node does limit the ports as per the reduced exit policy [1] and I'd happily open it up wide if I could throttle just the torrenting to a minimally-usable level. However, I honestly don't think it's realistic to spend so much effort to solve the throttling of torrents when those efforts could be better spent elsewhere [2].

Just my 0.00000000002BTC

Cheers!

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kevin at krinke.ca>
GnuPG - 851662D2 - 0x18C67F61851662D2

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy

[2] No idea what would be better deserving but I'm sure there's plenty of work in Tor-project-land that doesn't involve throttling hard-target services.