[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 18 March
gk at torproject.org
Mon Mar 18 21:51:00 UTC 2019
Our weekly Tor Browser meeting ended a couple of hours ago and, as
usual, here comes the link to our IRC log:
and our meeting notes from the pad are:
Tor Browser Meeting Notes
Week of March 18, 2019
sysrqb: Move meeting 1 hour earlier? (GeKo: We'll start with that on
4/1 and I'll announce the change to tbb-dev)
- release prep
- many reviews for #28329 and #27609; reviewing #29794, #25658,
#28628, #27478, #29440, #29758, #26323, #25876
- updated patch for #28802
- wrote small patch for better NoScript integration (#29021)
- worked on NextCloud test
- Firefox 68 will be developed in mozilla-central (GeKo:
pospeselr will look at https://torpat.ch/ and figure our what tickets at
bugzilla need to get filed and which patches we should try to upstream)
- more reviews
- work on mobile bugs
- release signing
Finished the #25658 patches (Security Level button!)
Update the torbutton part (of #25658) to 'intelligently' add the
new Security Level button to the toolbar, rather then resetting
everything to our defaults
Catch up on all the not-programming work I'm supposed to be doing
Get back into the windows swing of things
investigate #27503 (broken screen readers on Windows)
Write up a quick patch for #28996 (jump list disk leakage
fix on Windows)
mcs and brade:
- Finished #28628 (Introduce New Security Settings to users).
- Finished #29440 (Update about:tor when Tor Browser is updated).
- Reviewed patches for #25658 (security slider replacement).
- Helped with other code reviews.
- Participated in Tor Browser developer interview.
- Note: We will be out of the office (and mostly afk) this
Thursday and Friday (March 21 and 22).
- Look at #29790 (Add build option to store profile in HOME
- Follow up on Mozilla bug 1434666 (updater failing on Linux
(cannot find libraries).
- Investigate #29630 (TorBrowser creates empty directory in "/tmp”).
- Investigate #27484 comment:13 (DDG onboarding doorhanger
disappears after tab switch).
- For #28044, revise proposal 102 to take into account
intrigeri’s comments as well as some things we learned during
- Review the Firefox updater security audit report.
- helped build new releases
- made some patches for:
- #29758: Build firefox debug infos for linux-i686
- #25623: Disable network during build
- revised patch for 26323: Build 32bit Linux bundles on 64bit
- worked on some fixes #27137. Now checking if the tests still
fail when enabling the corresponding prefs.
- answered tor-packagers email about "torbrowser package on
NetBSD" (still awaiting moderator approval) and opened #29790
- help with publishing the new releases
- fix #27137 and disable all currently failing tests
More work on #28329
More of the same
- 29313: tor-android-service browser build - downgraded tor to
0.3.4.9, generated new dependency list, new patch to remove ndk build,
fixed torservice to work with older library
- 29574 Configure Orbot project to use TOPL - cleaned up and broke
apart patches, fixed some mismatched dependency versions
- 29575 Configure Firefox project to use TOPL - upgraded
- tested integrated APK (orbot working but proxy not connected to)
- Resolve proxy not found in browser
- Add obfs4proxy to tor-android-service aar
- Fix latest merged conflict in orbot project for browser build
- respond to any code reviews
- 8.5 Review, TBA and TB
- #28800 - New Identity -
- Moar on 8.5
- #27484 - Onboarding
- #29768 - Introducing new features
- Security Setting Tor Browser manual update is ready for review
- who should review it? (GeKo: pospeselr and I can take a look, too,
- TBA #27399 - Leading Orfox users to Tor Browser Android
- Reading more about Letterboxing
What is the priority for Letterboxing? Which Tor Browser version
will release it? (GeKo: not sure yet which alpha but I hope we can test
it furthre and help Mozilla by shipping something in May maybe)
- Tor Browser vision exercise write up
- Tor Browser release meeting
- Sponsor 8 final report
- Sponsor 8 final report
- Sponsor 27 prep
- Google Season of Docs - any ideas for projects for a technical
writer for ~3 or ~5 months? FPI documentation? Others? (GeKo: helping
with our design doc might be good)
- Start prep for Tor Browser Team capacity planning session
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project