[tor-project] November Fundraising Report

sstevenson at torproject.org sstevenson at torproject.org
Tue Dec 18 19:32:06 UTC 2018

Hi People of Tor,

The fundraising team plowed through November. The year-end campaign is doing well, but returns are a bit sluggish. We have a little less than two weeks left and could use your help! Please share on social media and take this opportunity to tell your networks how important our work is. Now is the best time to donate because of the Mozilla match.

One highlight is that 164 people have joined as monthly donors, resulting in an additional $1,911 per month of income. Our total income from monthly donors is now over $3,500 per month.

We also launched a double match for first-time donors on Giving Tuesday and received a nice response.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed a campaign-related blog post!

As for grants, Al submitted an anti-censorship proposal as well as one for modularization, which has now been granted! I met here in DC with program officers for two different grants. We also contributed to several reports.

I was also trained on using RT so that I can monitor and respond to donor questions.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. I will remain online throughout, so don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sarah

Sarah Stevenson
Fundraising Director
The Tor Project
sstevenson at torproject.org

Public Key: 93B3 AC08 4257 FA3D D4BB 8E95 CC08 5DBA C015 612A