[tor-project] Analyzing bwauth disagreements

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 15:50:41 UTC 2017

> On 9 Oct 2017, at 11:34, dawuud <dawuud at riseup.net> wrote:
>

> Hi Tom et al,
>
> I hope I'm not too far off topic here:
>
> I remember from the last tor-dev meeting there was some discussion
> about replacing the old torflow code with bwscanner a project that
> Aaron Gibson started and Donncha subsequently worked on. But since
> there I haven't heard of any progress on that.

There has been a small amount of volunteer progress on maintaining
the current bandwidth authority code.

But we haven't made any progress on bwscanner. Perhaps because we're
not sure who is working on it or where it is at.

To make progress, we need a list of priorities for bandwidth
authorities, and people with time to make them happen. This needs
people from the network team, and directory authority operators.

> Meejah and I were planning to facilitate a workshop/discussion about
> these and other issues related to scanning the tor network. Are you
> coming to the meeting in Montreal?

There's also a session on bandwidth authorities - do you think we should
merge the two?

Tim / teor

ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n