[tor-project] Coordination / booth for 34c3

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Nov 9 20:42:08 UTC 2017

Hi folks! 34c3 is getting closer, and I know a bunch of Tor people
are considering going.

(A) If you don't have lodging figured out, do it ASAP or earlier. There
are not as many options in Leipzig as there were in Hamburg.

(B) I hear that OONI is planning to have a real-live booth and assembly
area. It would be awesome to get more Tor people than that, and turn it
into a broader Tor booth, with swag and people to answer questions and
so on. If you want to help there (like commit to working some hours at
the booth), let us know.

(C) If you are hoping that Tor will help pay for your travel, be sure
to ask travel at tpo soon. I think Shari is (rightly) hesitant about paying
for travel for a bunch of Tor people to "just go and hang out", so the
more specific you can be about planned activities and how they will
benefit Tor, the better that will go.

--Roger