[tor-project] [CHANGING MEETING DATE] Re: Reviving the 'Trac discussion'

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 23:39:35 UTC 2017

Hi All,

This meeting is at midnight for me, and I'm on leave that week.
So I'll give some extra feedback below:

> On 31 Jul 2017, at 23:18, isabela <isabela at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Dear people,
>
> I am thinking of moving this meeting to monday august 7 at 1400 utc
> #tor-project irc channel..
>
> I am also thinking on Teor's email [1] raising a very important issue
> that gitonion (or gitlab) needs js to beon to be functional and that
> will exclude a lot of people who blocks js for security reasons.
>
> For me this can be a blocker from migrating out of trac. I know this
> (need of js) is for sure for the ticketing system interactions. But I am
> not sure for code review, looks like it is in order to be able to see
> the diffs at the UI.
>
> I also don't know how many people would enjoy the idea of having trac
> for ticketing system and gitonion for code review.

I think this has been working well for some of us in the network team.
But if the code review requires JavaScript, that makes it hard for some
people to participate.

> I wonder if any of the folks testing it for code review are doing Tor
> browser on security level high, with js blocked.

I use Tor Browser on high security level, but I haven't used gitlab or
oniongit much in that mode.

It seems the basic site navigation is not available, so I'm not sure how
I could get to tickets or code reviews to test them.

> This is a big deal and as I said, I see as a possible blocker moving
> forward. I believe our next steps is to confirm this blocker before we
> invest more on oniongit (gitlab).
>
> so lets raise this as main point of the meeting for next monday (august7).

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org