[tor-project] Torproject Github Account

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Mon Jul 11 20:21:00 UTC 2016

Someone pointed on IRC that there's an unofficial torproject account on
github[1]. And that they're serving a fork of tor[2] and even
binaries[3]! Now I didn't run any tests to see if they're serving the
same exact code or binaries as our official git and website, but even if
they do mirror the official repo character by character, it's still
concerning.

I hope that we know who controls the account, and that we can add a
disclaimer of some sort on there. Since apparently "unofficial repo"
doesnt seem to be sufficient. And if not, can we try to contact github
and claim the account?

[1] https://github.com/torproject/
[2] https://github.com/torproject/tor
[3] https://github.com/torproject/tor/releases

Best,
--
Nima
0X58C4B928A3E218F6 | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall