[tor-onions] error with setting up thttpd

BobLEEt BobLEEt at protonmail.com
Sun Jun 16 21:45:36 UTC 2019

Could i have help with setting up an onion website?
I have downloaded thttpd, following a tutorial and what tor recommends. This is what i have done so far in the terminal on ubuntu:

"~$ sudo wget http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/thttpd-2.25b.tar.gz
~$ tar -zxvf thttpd-2.25b.tar.gz
~$ cd thttpd-2.25b/
~/thttpd-2.25b$ sudo apt-get install gcc"
But when I do ":~/thttpd-2.25b$ CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=~/root_mkfs/usr/local" it comes up with an error message saying: "creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking build system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... arm-linux-gcc
checking whether the C compiler (arm-linux-gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables."

Please help with creating this website as I am not sure of the issue