[tor-onions] error with setting up thttpd

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Jun 16 21:54:20 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 09:45:36PM +0000, BobLEEt wrote:
> Could i have help with setting up an onion website?
> I have downloaded thttpd, following a tutorial and what tor recommends. This is what i have done so far in the terminal on ubuntu:
>
> "~$ sudo wget http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/thttpd-2.25b.tar.gz

This really comes down to the much simpler question, "what simple
webserver should I use on my system?" Once you've answered that one,
you can then hook up your Tor onion service to connect to it, and Tor
doesn't care (or even need to know) which webserver software you chose.

I'd suggest something you can apt-get install, since you mentioned Ubuntu.

A google search for 'simple web server ubuntu' pointed me to many
instruction pages.

Good luck!
--Roger