[tor-dev] Summer of Privacy application, Censorship Analyzer

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Wed Apr 15 16:01:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:56:12AM +0200, Miquel Llobet wrote:
> As far as coding goes, I played a bit with OONI (did a scan, turns out I'm
> clean :-) ). and built it from source. What bugs to you recommend to work
> on as a start? Ideally I can write a patch before the submission is due to
> attest my skills.
>
> Let me know if you have any suggestion or advice on pursuing this project.

Hi Miquel,

Cool, thanks for your interest!

You could find an interesting bug under the "OONI" component [0].  I'm
also copying Arturo, OONI's maintainer, who might have a better tip.

Also, do you have some experience with asynchronous programming in
general, and Twisted in particular?  I'm asking because several students
have tried to work on this project in the past and nobody has delivered
much code so far.  I think that many had issues with learning
asynchronous programming and getting familiar with OONI's code base.

[0] <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Ooni&order=priority>

Cheers,
Philipp