[tor-dev] Summer of Privacy application, Censorship Analyzer

Miquel Llobet mllobet.cm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:56:12 UTC 2015

Hey tor-dev,

I'm a third year Computer Science student interested in doing the
Censorship Analyzer project this summer. I just found out about the Summer
of Privacy program so I'll do my best to be on time.

I find the project very exciting as it can potentially help the TorProject
and its users in a big way, specially if we can receive feedback from the
tests. I've done a first read of the Censorship Analyzer paper and I'm
currently working on the proposal, I expect to submit by tomorrow.

As far as coding goes, I played a bit with OONI (did a scan, turns out I'm
clean :-) ). and built it from source. What bugs to you recommend to work
on as a start? Ideally I can write a patch before the submission is due to
attest my skills.

Let me know if you have any suggestion or advice on pursuing this project.

Best,
Miquel