[tor-dev] Making and distributing custom TBB with a new "home-page"

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Sep 23 16:49:33 UTC 2014

Il 9/22/14, 5:49 AM, Griffin Boyce ha scritto:
>> Sounds like the most "apparently obvious" solution for our community,
>> are not so easily applicable in that context of use by speaking with the
>> end-users.
>
>   Yeah, even if you distributed DVDs with the .onion address written
> on it, there's still a trail leading from them to you (however
> tangential).  Better for press organizations to provide potential
> whistleblowers with easily-understood documentation and try to be as
> pervasive an option as possible.
Yes, i got your point, we make a lot of paranoia to keep GlobaLeaks to
be forensically proof (there are many tricks in place to do it).

However in that specific case, following the user-personae simoulation,
it's not a serious problem "not to be forensically proof" (because of
the start-page) compared the usability improvement.

It's possible that those kind of TBB's customization tool will get a
small funding, so it's worth to try to think it in a way that can be
useful for others.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights