[tor-dev] meek on Microsoft Azure

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Sep 22 08:31:46 UTC 2014

I've got meek working on Microsoft Azure, a cloud services platform and
CDN. If you'd like to try it, use a 4.0-alpha bundle and enter the
bridge line:

Bridge meek 0.0.2.0:3 url=https://az668014.vo.msecnd.net/ front=ajax.aspnetcdn.com

As usual, the IP address is ignored; I'm just assigning incrementing
numbers in the port. az668014.vo.msecnd.net is a CDN domain that points
to meek-reflect.azurewebsites.net, where the service is really running.
The front domain ajax.aspnetcdn.com is one that hosts a bunch of common
web libraries: http://www.asp.net/ajax/cdn. I didn't look very hard to
see if there are other good front domains.

More information on Azure:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#MicrosoftAzure

David Fifield