[tor-dev] Making and distributing custom TBB with a new "home-page"

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Mon Sep 22 03:49:47 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-21 11:32, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
>> Have you considered just distributing Tails USB sticks along with the
>> .onion
>> address on a piece of paper?
>
> We've considered it, but it was outside the logistically doable
> opportunity, as far as i understood.
>
> Sounds like the most "apparently obvious" solution for our community,
> are not so easily applicable in that context of use by speaking with
> the
> end-users.

   Yeah, even if you distributed DVDs with the .onion address written on
it, there's still a trail leading from them to you (however tangential).
  Better for press organizations to provide potential whistleblowers with
easily-understood documentation and try to be as pervasive an option as
possible.

~Griffin