[tor-dev] .i2p address support in torsocks

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Sat Nov 2 15:58:52 UTC 2013

Greetings everyone!

I've been approached by I2P folks for adding ".i2p" address support in
Torsocks. Since what torsocks does can be applied for both Tor and I2P,
they felt that duplicating was not a good idea thus asking if merging
both systems make sense and is possible.

For now, it would only be .i2p address support (like .onion). In
torsocks, it's not that difficult to support both addressing.

I'm all for it, I don't see why it should not be done so I'm asking the
community what do you think about that :).

I can already see a question coming after this email being "Well there
is "Tor" in torsocks". I'll keep that for an other thread because the
whole naming of torsocks is on my todo list of things to discuss but
before that I prefer getting the rewrite accepted. Thus, the naming is
an "issue" but I want to address it later on (not only because of i2p).

Cheers!
David