[tor-dev] .i2p address support in torsocks

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Sat Nov 2 16:13:37 UTC 2013

Hi David,

adding .i2p support to torsocks is perfectly fine. It's a feature, not a
limitation. Who doesn't want to use it won't be annoyed by it. (Other
than man page and --help entry, but well, life is tough. :)

Someone else already said on this list some time ago "since torsocks is
agnostic about a Tor or a random socks server, there is no point in
calling it torsocks". If it works fine with normal socks servers and you
are willing to support that, sure, why not rename it.

I am very happy that you are taking the lead fixing torsocks so I think
you also should also be the one who may make such decisions.

Cheers,
adrelanos