[tor-dev] obfs3 and Android

Michele Orrù maker.py at gmail.com
Sat May 25 15:47:59 UTC 2013

2013/5/16 Gordon Morehouse <gordon at morehouse.me>:
> Just a quick question (apologies if it's a repeat) from a totally
> Android-naive developer: is using Jython a possibility to speed the
> availability of obfs3 on Android?  Last I knew, which was in the dark
> ages, some Python code could be tortured into running on Android devices
> by compiling it with Jython.  Just curious if this has been considered
> or not.  I don't know what Android-specific problems there may be, but I
> know that in general Jython lags behind the latest stable Python, so
> e.g. code written against Python 2.7 might need to be tweaked to run
> against 2.5, etc.
Nope, jython compiles to java bytecode, but is not designed to work
also on the Davilk VM, and afaik all forks of jython for android are
In order to run some python code on Android for APAF, I have used
SL4A[1], which is a little tricky, but seems more actively developed
and ports a few external libraries which could be useful - i.e.

[0] <https://code.google.com/p/jythonroid/>
[1] <https://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/>