[tor-dev] Gitian-based Deterministic Build System for TBB (Need MacOS Help!)

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri May 17 00:42:28 UTC 2013

Thus spake Jeroen Massar (jeroen at massar.ch):

> On 2013-05-15 08:49 , Mike Perry wrote:
> > Unfortunately, at least one of those URLs say that to produce a
> > cross-compiler, you need access to an OSX SDK. Since I do not have a Mac
> > that is currently supported by recent OSX SDKs, and since we *really*
> > want to be sure that the cross-compilers we produce use code from a
> > fresh known-good SDK install, I won't be doing this. Please let me know
> > if you'd like to help tackle this problem.
>
> The tutorials you provide all use OpenDarwin's cctools, which is a
> modified/"improved" version of Apple's opensource cctools. Most of that
> stuff is pretty outdated though, as OSX is at 10.8, not 10.5 from about
> 6 years ago. It seems though most people (reading what is being done on
> the web ;) are using the flosoft stuff which is at least 10.6 and embeds
> the OSX SDK.

Ok, I guess I will just go the flosoft route then. I will work on
writing gitian descriptors using these binary packages. However, it
looks like right now this means I have to use "Maverick" (11.04) as the
Gitian VM's base install. Since "Maverick" is unsupported for security
updates, this might be unwise for production..

Is anyone able to work on rebuilding flosofts's .deb packages for either
lucid (10.04 LTS) or precise (12.04 LTS) while I work on getting initial
Gitian descriptors using Maverick for now?
https://launchpad.net/~flosoft/+archive/cross-apple/+packages

--
Mike Perry