[tor-dev] (Py)Obfsproxy Debian packages

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri Mar 22 05:44:06 UTC 2013

Greetings (Debian) people,

we have decided to keep the Obfsproxy name and simply replace the old C
codebase with the new Python codebase. It seems that 'obfsproxy' is an
extremely powerful brand name and changing it will result in user
confusion.

That said, what is the best way to update the Debian packages so that they
contain the Python codebase?

I remember weasel telling me that updated packages can only be included in
Debian after wheezy is stabilized. Can we have Python Obfsproxy packages
in deb.torproject.org in the meantime?

Lunar, how did the Debian package creation go? Do you need any help? We
should name the new packages 'obfsproxy'.

(Sorry for the duplicate mail, but I forgot to CC tor-dev in the previous
one.)