[tor-dev] atlas.torproject.org question

me at rndm.de me at rndm.de
Sat Jun 29 17:19:17 UTC 2013

> - Is this an Atlas fork or a rewrite?  Are you planning to contribute
> your changes to Atlas, or do you want to run this as a new project?
> In
> the former case, please be sure to talk to Arturo or Sathya (both are
> on
> this list).  In the latter case, please let me know when your tool is
> deployed, and I'll keep you posted about future Onionoo procotol
> changes.

I don't know if you could call it a fork. The only part i used was the
d3.js rendering part because i never really worked with that before.
I never had the opportunity to work on a Backbone project so I don't
know if is useful if i contribute to it without having knowledge about
backbone best practices.

> - Are you interested in enhancing Atlas or your tool even more?  There
> are quite a few tickets open, where #6320 seems most urgent:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?component=Atlas&status=!closed

Thanks, I'm going to look into. :) I implemented the sha1 hashed
fingerprints in the ember version. It's really easy using jsSHA.js
(https://github.com/Caligatio/jsSHA/tree/release-1.42). Here is my
implementation:
https://github.com/makepanic/emberjs-tor-onionoo/blob/master/public/js/helpers/util.js#L9

btw i released it on github some minutes ago.
The source is available here:
https://github.com/makepanic/emberjs-tor-onionoo
And a live version via github-pages here:
http://makepanic.github.io/emberjs-tor-onionoo/

If there is anything wrong with the name or Tor mention please tell me.