[tor-dev] atlas.torproject.org question

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Jun 27 06:45:04 UTC 2013

On 6/25/13 9:00 AM, me at rndm.de wrote:
> Hi there,
> I rebuild atlas.torproject.org using Ember.js instead of Backbone. It
> looks like this right now:
>
> search page: http://i.imgur.com/GEM86mk.png
> details page: http://i.imgur.com/1UwpwlA.png
>
> I'd like to share the code and thought about putting it on github but I
> don't know if it's ok for you with all the Tor assets (tor logo).

I agree with Moritz' concerns about the Tor logo, but it seems your new
solution addresses those quite well.

> Would love to hear what you think about it.

Nice work!  A few comments/questions below:

- I have to admit, I don't know much about the various JavaScript
libraries/frameworks, so I don't know about pros and cons of using
Backbone or angular.js or Ember.js.  Can you say why you chose Ember.js
over the others?

- Is this an Atlas fork or a rewrite?  Are you planning to contribute
your changes to Atlas, or do you want to run this as a new project?  In
the former case, please be sure to talk to Arturo or Sathya (both are on
this list).  In the latter case, please let me know when your tool is
deployed, and I'll keep you posted about future Onionoo procotol changes.

- Are you interested in enhancing Atlas or your tool even more?  There
are quite a few tickets open, where #6320 seems most urgent:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?component=Atlas&status=!closed

Thanks!
Karsten