[tor-dev] Globe without search term

Christian me at rndm.de
Mon Aug 12 20:56:17 UTC 2013

On 12.08.2013 08:23, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> 21:43 #tor-dev: < rndm> karsten, looks like this now if it gets the
>                          maximum number of results
>                          http://globe.rndm.de/#/search/query=
>
> You're not online now, so replying via email:
>
> Looks really good!
>
> Minor tweaks to the phrasing:
>
> "To avoid too many requests," -> the better motivation is that a) we
> don't want to overload the poor Onionoo server and b) reduce delays and
> bandwidth requirements for the client.  I think users will understand b)
> better and not care much about a).  How about "To reduce waiting time
> and limit bandwidth usage," ?
>
> "try to use a search word" -> this message also shows up if the user
> tried a search term that is too general.  How about "try to refine your
> search" ?
>
> Thanks!  Nice work!
>
> Best,
> Karsten
Thanks for your correction, I'm going to add it soon.

I've seen that you've included the field parameter to limit the fields
that onionoo returns.
Do you think it would be better to use the field parameter and show a
limited amount of data or try to get everything and only display the
fields that have a value?

Btw I had an idea to create a small js snippet that allows users to show
data of an relay or bridge. It would use the onionoo api to send a
request with a given fingerprint and renders the result in a small piece
of html. This way someone won't need to link to a specified globe/atlas
page and can directly show visitors information about an relay/bridge.
I don't know if it would be useful for anyone. What's your opinion on that?

Cheers,
Christian