[tbb-dev] First nightly builds based on ESR 52 are available!

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Thu Apr 6 10:45:00 UTC 2017

Hi all!

We have first nightly builds based on Firefox 52.0.2esr available:

https://people.torproject.org/~gk/testbuilds/tbb-nightly/

The location is a bit unusual but we hit an issue in our nightly build
Gitian setup which made some tweaking to our usual build and upload
process necessary. Nevertheless, please give this nightly a test if you
can as we don't have much time left before the first alpha based on ESR
52 is due.

Two issues with this nightly are already filed:

1) Modal windows are for some reason maximized which is pretty annyoing
(#21875)

2) e10s is not activated on Linux (+ macOS I guess) (#21876)

General issues we have on our radar for our ESR52 switch can be found on
Trac:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~ff52-esr&order=priority

If you find more problems, especially stability issues, we'd love to
hear about those.

Happy testing,
Georg